♥ Michael ♥
"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it."
"But there are some things I know for certain: always throw spilled salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can."
Somewhere a rocket scientist brain surgeon physicist with a knack for economics who wears Velcro shoes is having a stress breakdown.
When I was a professional ballroom dance instructor, one of my coworkers was having a tough time teaching a step to her student. As he gets more frustrated she tells him “it’s ok- you’ll get it- this isn’t rocket science.”
There is an awkward pause as her student stares back at her.
"No" he agrees, "this isn’t rocket science. That I can do. This is some sadistic step designed specifically to torture rocket scientists.”
And that’s how we found out he worked for NASA.
(Source: oldresidentdistrict, via thefuuuucomics)
1/1108 older »
- Open when you need to know how much I love you: write reasons why you love them and fell in love with them
- Open when you’re mad at me: apologize for something or talk about what you would do if you were together to make it better
- Open when you miss me: talk about a memory; or make up something you could do together
- Open when you’re lonely: talk about what would happen if you were together at that moment
- Open when you’re happy: write things to make them happier and talk about why it’s important for them to be happy :)
- Open when you’ve had a long day: what you would do to help them relax
- Open when you’ve had a bad day: what you would do to make it better
- Open when you’re sick: same as above
- Open when you’ve left me after visiting: talk about how the distance is worth it and that every time you are together is perfect and will be even more perfect the next time!
- Open when you can’t sleep: give them a soothing memory of the 2 of you to think about while they close their eyes
- Open when you’re horny: i don’t need to explain this one..lols
- Open when you’re imagining our future: talk about something you both will share in the future; marriage, kids, vacations, holidays, etc.
- Open when we can’t communicate with each other: tell them everything you love about them and why; that is all that matters
- Open when you need a reminder of all the things I love about you: self explanatory
- Open when you need motivation/encouragement.: tell them you are proud and why; tell them all of their achievements and why thats amazing
- Open when you need to laugh.: tell a funny story about yourself that they don’t know or a funny memory that you both share
- Open when you’re bored: tell them a made up story; a memory; a fantasy
- Open when we’re fighting (and it’s you’re fault): tell them you forgive them and that you love them no matter what
- Open when we’re fighting (and it’s my fault): say you’re sorry and that you love them
- Open when you need a kiss: add a hershey kiss
- Open when you miss America: put in pictures of their family, their town, their favorite spot, make a place that is special to the both of you
- Open when you need some lovin’: take a piece of paper and lay it on a flat, hard surface and grab some lipstick; put A LOT of the lipstick on and kiss the paper as it lays flat; now they will have a bunch of kissies from you!
I did this for my wife…. she loved it.
She opened her first card the other day and it lifted her spirits!
Thanks for the idea. ♡